HOW TO DEAL WITH HOW YOU FEEL
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. “Hebrews 4:15-16 (KJV) GOD KNOWS HOW I FEEL
- GOD CAME TO BE TOUCHED
- GOD CAME TO BE TEMPTED
1. He came to be touched by our feeling-
- He is touched By Feelings, Feeling of our Infirmities- our
If He came to be touched by the feelings and then we don’t touch him with our feelings, then christ is not touched and if He is not related to by the first reason that He came then maybe your having to relate with Him more by the second reason He came, temptation.
- Next, He came to be tempted – In that He suffered tempted He is able to succour them that are tempted. You will find yourself being tempted more if your don’t deal with Christ on the first reason he came.
- There Two extremes to avoid:
Emotionalism: 1. Are an excessively emotional in character? 2. Do have a strong or excessive appeal to respond emotions: 3. You have a tendency to display, respond or make decision with your emotion which are out of sync with our designer. Stoicism: 1. You live life without interest or concern; uncaring; apathetic: 2. You having feeling that are suppressed, ignored and denied but not developed to be in Sync with our designer. WHY MUST I ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO MANAGE MY EMOTIONS 1. BECAUSE ______I don’t want to be a pretender _______ “There is a way that SEEMS right to a man, but in the end, it leads to death.” Proverbs 14:12 (NIV) 2. BECAUSE —I need protection____________ “Like an open city with no defenses is the man with no check on his feelings.” Proverbs 25:28 (NAB) “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV) 3. BECAUSE —Pleasing God is my Priority_____________________ “To be controlled by human nature results in death; to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace. . . Those who obey their human nature cannot please God.” Romans 8:6-8 (TEV)
- BECAUSE —Being Fruitful is Possible _________
“[People] get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control.” Proverbs 5:23 (CEV) “From now on you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God’s will and not by human desires.” 1 Peter 4:2 (TEV) HOW TO MANAGE AN UNWANTED FEELING
I. I Must Identify my emotional –WOUNDS!
- Who – cause the hurt, pain- & who contributed
- What- actually happened
- When- Timing is everything! What stage or age of life?
- Where- Was I when it took place? Physically, Fugitively
- How – Did it occur – choices or chance
- Why – is many time undeterminable- but the purpose can be!
II. I must Deal with How– I FEEL ______________________!
I Become– HONEST : 1. Be honest about your feelings. 2. Don’t ignore and store it.
- Open up to God and tell him how you feel.
If you want a touch of God or you want to touch God tell him how you feel! He is touched by the feelings of our infirmities; Hebrews 4:15
III. The Keys to inner– HEALING_______________________!
- My perception of God determines my healthiness
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)
- My Walk with the Holy Spirit!
“When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT)
- My Assurance in the work of the Cross!
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows [grief, pain, affliction]: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:4-5