HOW CAN I CHANGE MY LIFE?
Ask This Questions To God
Genesis 32:22-32 – An incident from the life of Jacob illustrates the process God uses to change our lives. After this event, Jacob was never the same again.
I. PHASE ONE: ___Crisis__________________________________________
“So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.” (vs. 24-25)
God uses crises to: get our attention
We never change until: until the pain becomes greater than the fear of change.
II. PHASE TWO: ____Commitment_________________________________________
“Then the man said, `Let me go, for it is daybreak.’ But Jacob replied, `I will not let you go unless you bless me.'” (vs. 26)
God often waits to resolve a problem to see if He wants to see if we really mean business
Many people miss God’s best because: they give up too soon
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Gal. 6:9
III. PHASE THREE:_____Confession_______________________________________
“The man asked him, `What is your name?’ `Jacob’, he answered.” (vs. 27)
“Jacob” means “I’m a cheater” Deciever
Lesson: I’ll never be able to change my weaknesses until: until I admit them.
What’s my name?
IV. PHASE FOUR:____Cooperation_________________________________________
“Then the man said, `Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome. … then he blessed him there. So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, `It is because I saw God face to face …” (vs. 28-30)
(vs. 31) Note: Jacob walked with a limp for the rest of his life. It was to be a constant reminder of 2 truths:
1. The reminder to Jacob, constantly, as he limped the rest of his life was that Jacob was to depend on God and not his own strength
2. It was a reminder to Jacob that it is never God’s will to run from a personal problem. Running doesn’t solve it. Running away never solves a problem. If I’ve got a problem in my character — a defect — to hide it, ignore it, deny it is to run from it.
You don’t have to stay the same!
“So get rid of your old self, which made you live as you used to … and put on the new self, which is created in God’s likeness … ” Eph. 4:22-23 (GN)
Jesus said, “… You must be `born again.'” John 3:7
Which Phase are you in?
1. Crisis or Conflict- This is the begining point for change
2. Commitment- You must want a change more than the comfort of staying where you are.
3. Confession – You may not be what Jacob was but tell God what you are… Liar, Lust, Anger, Fear, adulterer,whatever you are admit to God your identity and he can chage it.
4. Cooporation- Leave with the strongest thing about you becoming weak and the weakest thing becoming strong.
Its time to move to the next one!
Ask God to Help you today move on in the process of Change! Never Give Up!