Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Luke 2:1-7 (KJV)
1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

What a wonderful freedom it is to know that Christ Jesus is who he is without any embellishment from us. Christ in us is the Hope of Glory to a lost world. We can be certain today that just as Jesus was the Messiah wrapped in rags in a humble manger, he is Messiah in our weakness as well. Present yourself today as a present and let him unwrap your life from all the things that have you tied up. Give him complete control this Christmas! Have a wonderful HOLY-day!

Bishop Eric McClellan

Advertisements

80/20 Rule in Relationships

 Do you know why you got married?” My wife and I just celebrated our 19th wedding aniversary in November!  As we reflected on all those years we began evaluating alot of what we were and were not getting out of the relationship.

In our relationships with our spouse many times we start thinking about their flaws and fallacies. Getting to see all the things that the person is not fulfilling in our lives often disappoints us and then we stop being able to see all the things they are fulfilling! We don’t like that many of our desires and wants are not being provided by that person.  

Did you know that in most cases, especially in relationships, you will be getting 80% of what you NEED and you will rarely get the other 20% of what you WANT. The danger is that once we make it to the place where we are getting 80%, we start focusing on the 20% we’re not getting; and we become blind to the 80% we are receiving.  Then we begin to complain and grumble about that 20%–ol how we desire that person to provide us with our WANTS! After a while, we start losing sight of the 80% of what they were giving for the 20% of what they were not!  Everybody WANTS the other person to be a 100%! But look at yourself:  you are not a 100% of what the other person WANTS, but you are 80% of what they NEED!

Be real careful; most of the time someone comes along (man or women) that will offer you the other 20%  that you WANT,  which is lacking in your relationship, and you are tempted to trade the 80% for the 20%. And believe me, 20% looks really good when you are not getting it in your current relationship. But the problem is you will always be tempted to leave that good 80% that you know you NEED, thinking that you will get something better with the other 20% that you WANT! Yet reality has proven, in most cases, you will always end up with having the 20% that you WANT and losing the 80% that you really NEED. Please be careful in deciding between what you WANT and what you NEED in your life. 

NOBODY IS GOING TO BE EVERYTHING YOU WANT, BUT ONE PERSON CAN BE A WHOLE LOT OF WHAT YOU NEED!

This week let us focus on the 80% of our NEEDS that are being met by our mate and be appreciative of that person! You may just find that they are not only what you NEED but really what you WANT as well!

P.S. –Please take some time to register at the bottom of the page for an email to be sent directly to you! Thanks for your support!